Minnesota Green Schools Coalition
The Minnesota Green Schools Coalition brings together the state’s strongest advocates for our children to create a Minnesota infrastructure of green schools – healthy, high performance schools that are conducive to learning while saving energy, resources and money.
Through regular discussions on topics including new school construction, critical retrofits of existing facilities, green cleaning, metrics-based programs to track energy consumption and experiential learning opportunities for teachers and students, the Coalition is working to shape the classroom of the future and fundamentally change the way Minnesota students learn about the world around them.
Website Founding Sponsor
News and Events
- MN Green Schools Coalition Membership Meeting Scheduled for December 10, 3 p.m. Learn more
- In the last two months the coalition has connected with nearly 20 schools, over 150 teachers, 3000+ students. Check out photos from our fall fun on Facebook.
- FREE Webinar, Excelerating Sustainability in Schools: Wednesday, November 11. More information.
Ask An Expert
Brought to you by Website Founding Sponsor, Hallberg Engineering, Inc.
Q: Do light sensors save energy/money?
A: Two things are very important for sensors to function properly: SETUP and actual USE. If these two things are done properly, then they make it well worth it. In addition, they are so inexpensive to install and purchase that they can pay themselves back in a very short amount of time. …..More
Do YOU have a question for our experts?
We would be happy to answer your questions regarding your facility’s mechanical, electrical, & technology systems, indoor air quality, facility assessments, retro-commissioning, and/or energy efficiency. Send us your question today by clicking HERE.
- US Green Building Council – Minnesota
- BlueGreen Alliance
- Natural Science Academy
- MN Educational Facilities Management Professionals (MASMS)
- Will Steger Foundation
- Minnesota Renewable Energy Society
- Minnesota PTA
- Audubon Center of the Northwoods
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Clean Energy Resource Teams
- Center for Renewable Energy Education and Demonstration (CREED)